Smoky BBQ Hummus
Makes about 2/3 cup
- 3/4 cup canned chickpeas/garbanzos
- 2 T. of your favorite BBQ sauce (I use Stubb’s)
- 1 T. tahini
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- a couple shakes liquid smoke
- 1/4 t. ground red pepper
- 1/2 t. ground cumin
- 1/2 t. child powder
- salt, to taste
1. Mince garlic before processing, especially if you are using an immersion blender. Otherwise, the clove does not break down and distribute evenly throughout the dip. Biting into hunks of raw garlic is not pleasant, in my experience.
2. Place everything in food processor and pulse or combine with immersion blender.
Nutrition per 2 tablespoons (1/5 recipe): 54 Calories, 2.0g fat, 0mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 7.9g carbohydrate, 1.4g fiber, 1.0g sugars, 1.8g protein
Check out these articles: